Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

blue strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by JoBo-86, Dec 15, 2002.

1. A friend of mine who plays bass had these strings on his that were blue, and he said they were really great and had a long life to em. Anyone know of strings that are blue? Also, i need some new strings, some good ones, price doesnt matter. I'm looking for more of a full deep bass-y sound to em, even though will sound that great on my crappy bass. thanks

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I don´t know any blue strings....... maybe they get that color if you never clean `em ;)

I use "Blue Steels"...... but that´s the name..... the last more than other brands I´ve tried.

3. no, they were actually the color blue i.e:( they were tasty lookin :p

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    some stock Ibanez strings are said to look "blue".

maybe that's it?

[​IMG]

5. ah yes blue steels are the best ;)

6. well anyways what would be a good string for me to use? any suggestions? what im looking for is posted at the top

7. I BELIVE WE ALREADY HINTED AT IT ;) BLUE STEEL'S Dean Markley BLUE STEEL STRINGS ARE THE BEST ! some ppl say dararios but i stand by my blue steels

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

For long life, nothing beats Elixirs.

They are coated with some kind of plastic. They aren't as bright as most roundwounds, which is why I don't use them anymore. But I used a set for 2 years and they sounded the same after 2 years as they did new.

They are very expensive, but will outlast several sets of normal strings.

9. the only reason i came into the string forum was to find some good strings because i need new ones, i guess ill go buy me some blue steel:D

10. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    DR's baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. hibeam

hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    USA
    I have to say, I prefer DR Hibeams to Dean Markely Blue Steels. The highbeams sound uber-bright.

12. naw dont hate its all about blue steels hehe even the man said hes gettin some blue steels blue steels kick ass the worst strings i ever had were ernie balls damn sounded like hell after a couple weeks

13. what kind should i use for more of a full, deep, bass-y sound

14. whatever strings i guess the stock warwick ones
    they have a bassey sound

15. mt10125

mt10125

Nov 15, 2002
    West Virginia
    I use Ernie Ball flatwound strings. I love them. I'll admit that they dont sound as good a nice set of roundwound strings but they work well for what I use them for. Quite expensive too.