1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Blue Tube 903

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by jumblemind, Apr 1, 2015.

1. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Price:
    $105
    Good condition, later model Blue Tube 903 pedal. Didn't come with feet, but I added some that work. I am including a GE JAN 5814a tube (low gain, equivalent to 12au7), which is great if you use this as a preamp. I'll also include a new JJ 12ax7, the higher gain style tube these shipped with originally. Love this pedal, it's fantastic at giving a little bit of tube "feel" to a solid state head. I've recently moved back to an amp with a tube pre built in and no longer need it for those duties.

$105 shipped CONUS SOLD

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    FunkyMcNasty and blindrabbit like this.
  2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    buy this and quit your crying and stop starting threads asking which pedal adds tube warmth, sorry for the mini rant

The Diaper Geni and blindrabbit like this.
  3. That's a FANTASTIC price for one of these incredible pedals! Wow! Where is money when I need it??!

4. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    How similar is this to the Blue Tube by BK Butler? Does this one also have a tone stack type of EQ?

5. jumblemind

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    This is a BK Butler Blue Tube. The mid 90s version had the black button switch and black rubber knobs. This is the later version (2001) with different switch and knobs. Same pedal design/ tone stack.

The Diaper Geni likes this.
  6. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    this is the 90s version their great pedals...GLWYS:) bb.

7. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Thanks! Then I had the mid 90's version. And these really are gems. Built like a tank and stellar tone.

Hmmmm...Do I need one again?

8. jumblemind

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Ha, can't answer that. This one is my second, I also had a 1995 version for a bit and kept this one due to form factor of the footswitch for live use. Turns out, it can hang up a bit like the old button style, anyway, but it was still easier. I also thought this version sounded a touch brighter than the 90s one. I currently have another Blue Tube 903 "clone" built by JohnK, so yeah. I like 'em.

9. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Thinking out loud....But I wonder if it's possible to have somebody install a good quality DI/XLR out on one of these? It'd be a nice thing to have, IMO. It'd be a killer DI, no??

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  10. Hubriser

Hubriser Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Boston MA
    Pm'd

11. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    I picked one of these up awhile back. Was just curious and was not expecting to hold on to it long. I fell in love with it and now it is one of my favorite pedals. Amazing sounding overdrive that has beautiful warmth. Use it more then my Dirty Boy Bass Bully.

Someone grab this. You won't be disappointed.

Kukulkan61 likes this.