1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Blueberry bass on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scubaduba, Jan 14, 2012.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
  2. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    The D and G strings are not tensioned and the G string tuner is mismatched, looks like quality work.

3. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Delivery in five months? Too late for CC chargeback or even neg feedback if you're not happy.

4. Yeecchhh.....:rollno:

5. Flyingfrets

Flyingfrets

Dec 25, 2011
    Looks like someone ate the brown acid after all...

6. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    romeorosemusicdotnet_sm.

Looks Romeo Rose is building basses now.

7. taliesin

taliesin

Nov 12, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Eek.

8. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    wAcK is BaCk!!!

9. vince a

vince a

Jun 13, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    No thanks . . .

10. Oh no not this guy again lol

11. SactoBass

SactoBass I like all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    In all honesty, from a distance, that bass looks like it has bird chit all over it.

In the words of Cheri Oteri, "not attractive.....not attractive"

12. gross!

13. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
  14. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Not for me, but Blueberry is not a brand new name. They've been around for a while. I've always had the impression that it was a quality product, but this is strictly an uninformed impression.

Regarding their wood carving, I just see that as their gimmick to get some part of the market - much like the Antonio Tsai's MOP guitars. The process they use is probably a combination of some hand carving and some form of automation with a lathe or sand blaster. Just speculation on my part of course, but I would suspect that a lot of the "carving" work is done in Asia?

Most of their graphics seem like a cross between Celtic and Asian wood carving styles. It's definitely a bit over the top for most of us.

15. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    I visited their website. They actually make some decent acoustics, but don't have a lot of experience with electrics. Supposedly all the carving is done by hand by a craftsman from Bali. some of the acoustics on their site are tastefully done and some artist demos reveal decent tone. That being said, the electrics, and this bass in particular, are downright garish. The pickup location is odd, the hardware is run of the mill, nothing exceptional about the build or design. A $3600 bolt on? And what is up with the (previously noted) mismatched tuner?

16. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    [sarcasm] Ha, yea. Well, all guitars can claim that they are handmade at some point in the production - at least when they stuff it in the box. I also heard a lot of manufacturers have moved their production to "craftsman" in Bali (Indonesia). [/sarcasm]

When I was in the military, quite a long time ago, they sold cedar chests and similar things in Korea. They were all completely covered in very ornate carvings like this. We were all pretty impressed when we first saw these things for sale in the local shops - until we realized that there were several of these in every shop selling trinkets to westerners. They cranked those things out in the hundreds, if not thousands.

All done by hand? They probably add a few details by hand with a wood burner after the CNC machines have done their part.