Blueberry Hill Bass, and Gard @ Roscoe Basses Taking great care of me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deichman, Aug 7, 2005.

1. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    I decided to post a new thread about my third Roscoe bass. I am soooooooooo happy with the Imbuia Burl bass I purchased from Jay, not to mention the great service. :hyper: Since I have GAS all the time, I decided recently it was time for another bass. I currently own a Ken Smith Black Tiger Elite, Two Spector USA NS5XL's, and a Roscoe SKB Imbuia top. After contemplating for a few days, I decided on another Roscoe. Gard keeps me in the loop on the exotic woods, and about two months ago he sent me images of some new Imbuia Burl that came in. After the Roscoe decision had been made, the specifics for the new bass followed.

Here they are:

SKB 3005
    Imbiua burl top
    Alder body-translucent amber burst finish on back of body
    Bartolini 3-band preamp
    Black hardware
    Diamondwood nut
    Wedge neck (with Bolivian rosewood & rosita combo)
    Bolivian rosewood fingerboard-NO sapwood
    Oval inlays
    Custom case

BTW, JOME77, unreallllllllllllll spalted maple top. Just incredible!

E.T.A. sometime in September. Hang tight, some preliminary pics will be posted shortly. I am going to try and post some pics of some of the other bodies Jay has available. No, I'm not on his payroll. I am just one very satisfied customer! :)
  2. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I saw your bass in person yesterday. It was in the spray booth. Its gonna be a killer bass. I think they took some pics of it.
  3. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Here is the Imbuia after the log was cut, and the laminated body.
  4. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    More good stuff.
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Man...who took those pics, he sucks....

6. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    I'd get rid of that guy!

7. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Okay, I need to know. In the second set of pics. The bass on the left... what kind of wood is that? I need to know because I think that is the Roscoe of my dreams. No joke.
  8. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    SKB 3005
    Flame purpleheart top w/spalted purpleheart centerblock
    Alder body
    Maple/purpleheart/maple neck
    Note-this body is currently available for a custom order.

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...and man, that photo does no justice to that Flame Purpleheart...that thing is going to be :eek: good when it's done!
  10. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    :eek: oh man... oh shoot...
    Do people consider souls as down payments?

Really though, the next bass I buy is without a doubt going to be a Roscoe. It's just a matter of getting all of the money together.

Oh... I meant the one on the right. They're both freaking gorgeous though. I need a credit card :D .

Well hey, I'm about halfway there already with the funds, so who knows.( :p )
  11. That flame purplheart with spalt center stringer is amazing... someone please order that so I can see it with a nice clearcoat on it, Im sure that flame POPS like no one's buisness!
  12. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Mmmm Roscoe, my favorite bass. Killer pics, please keep 'em coming. :cool:

Congrats on your new bass! :cool:

You're working with some of the best people product and support-wise that I've done business with. :)

13. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Gard is right, pics don't do the bass justice ......... I saw that purpleheart body up close and personal ..... it is incredibly beautiful :cool: Somebody is going to be very happy :bassist:
  14. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That new Imbiua topped bass is going to be stunning to say the least. I'm looking forward to seeing the flamed purpleheart one as well. It's very difficult to not sell organs for an alder bodied Roscoe 6'er. I still think that this'll be the best body wood for a Roscoe.
  15. Amazing! There's a very unusual purpleheart Fodera on the Bass Northwest site under the 'sold instrument gallery page'... really a stunning instrument... and very purple!!!
  16. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Thank you. Yeah, I really enjoy working with Jay and Gard. This is the second Roscoe that I spec'd out with these guys. I will post updates as they come.

17. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    I agree! :D Look what those bodies are lying on!!! :eek:
    Give that spalt some air!!! :hyper:

Seriously though, I agree with deichman. Jay (BHB) and Gard are indeed a pleasure to work with. Lots of patience and they definitely take care of you.

That is going to be one classy bass. I love that Imbuia top. Keith definitely finds some nice tops. I'm curious to see how the wenge neck works out on a Roscoe. I'm not sure if I've heard of a Roscoe with an alder body either. Has that been done before?
  18. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    IMHO, Blueberry Hill Bass has the best customer service out there-at least that I've experienced. :hyper:
  19. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    I know it's been done before by Roscoe, but I haven't talked to anyone who owned one. When I first started to look at Roscoe's website a few years ago, Alder wasn't even listed as an option. Today it is one of the listed body woods described as "Full, warm tone, medium weight". I've had three Modulus basses and a couple of P basses with alder. I anticipate an even warm tone on this bass.

JOME77, I honestly don't believe I've ever seen that much figure in spalt before. I have never really liked, therefore considered spalted maple, but I would definitely accept that top on one of my basses. Keep us posted, PLEASE!!!! Pics!

20. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Yeah...Jay at BlueberryhillBass is the MAN!! Veddy, veddy helpful in the communication department.
    He sent me some pics of my upcming Eshenbaugh project...alas, I am too much of a technological doofus to post them, sooo....
    Jay, if you're list'nin'....feel free to post the pics you sent me. I am too ig'nant to figgure it out!

PS....he has a few WICKED F Basses in my favorite color from that company....Auburn Burst!! Now...if they only offered it in a 4 string config on a regular basis in a 4....LOOK OUT!!!

:eek: :eek: HEEEEELLLLLPPP! :eek: :eek: