1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bluegrass Bass Player Needed 4 Full Time Job in East TN

Discussion in 'Bluegrass [DB]' started by bbanjoboy, Feb 21, 2008.

1. bbanjoboy

bbanjoboy

Feb 21, 2008
    Currently holding auditions for a full time double bass player. We are a full time bluegrass band that has held a steady gig for nearly a decade. Benefits include a guaranteed salary, 8:00 AM to 4:30 Pm working hours, consisting of only several small sets per day. Home EVERY night, no touring, and a great bunch of guys to play with. Additional compensation includes CD and merchandise sales.
    The right person will be willing to relocate near the great Smoky Mtn. National park, and be family oriented.
    We pick our own material as well as covers of standard bluegrass tunes. We play for approximately 300,000 tourists per year. This is not Dollywood or a themepark. We are an independent band.
    Please inquire only if you are a SERIOUS musician looking for a career. If you think you have the chops and would like a change of pace, please send an email with a brief bio to bbanjoboy@aol.com
    Thank you for looking.

2. bbanjoboy

bbanjoboy

Feb 21, 2008
    Thanks, I'll do that..

3. Boy do I wish I was in a position to move right now...

Best of luck in your search!

4. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Hey, this is Jeff Jenkins, the bass player at the Black Bear Jamboree. I might be able to help you out some. What group is this, and where do you work? I have an upright and amplification and am looking for extra work outside the theater, but would have to be finished before 4 p.m. each day. Contact me at 865-286-9449 if interested.

5. I wish this was going to happen in about two years. We aren't moving to that area of the country until my daughter graduates from high school.

6. bbanjoboy

bbanjoboy

Feb 21, 2008
    Thanks to all who contacted me, but the spot has been filled!