1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

blues bass book

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Rycebag, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    its called blues bass the complete method anybody have experience with it cause im thinking about getting it

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Who wrote it? If it's Ed Friedland then would recommend it highly.

3. butchblack

butchblack Life is short. Do good. Find and do what you love.

Jan 25, 2007
    Waltham Massachusetts
    I Googled it and if it's the one from Jon Leibman it's $19.99 with a CD. I'm sure you'll get $20 worth of info out of it.

4. Vanceman

Vanceman

Feb 14, 2007
    So. Cal.
    I have that. Got it when I first was learning, and didn't like it. Now that I know how to play, it's fun to get grooves out of there, but I don't think it's as complete as it should be. At the beginning of the CD, there's a cool song where the bass takes the lead, and as it turns out, the included exercises will almost get you there.

5. Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    anybody know a good book that has helped out..i play by ear and i want to further my bass knowledge alot and i am starting to take bass alot more serious..

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Yeah, get the Ed Friedland Blues Bass book.

7. Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    yeah so im hearing nothing but good about those ed friedland books so im thinking of getting the bass method complete edition 1,2,3 and right now im also using studybass.com to help out.

8. Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    i hope im going in the right direction by getting the friedland books. studybass.com has been helping me out alot!