1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blue's Clues

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wilser, Sep 9, 2008.

1. So I'm sitting here, minding my own business answering customer emails and what-not and my daughters are sitting in the couch watching Blue's Clues. The show comes to an end and during the end credits the program's tune plays instrumental and this INCREDIBLE fretless bass solo is playing! I mean, really out there stuff, double stops, 16th note triplets, sliding chords, the works! The dude is obviously playing a 6 string fretless bass and sounds like it's piezo not magnetic pickups.

Anybody have any info on the player and/or gear? Anybody even know what I'm talking about?

Must have kids or you're kind of a creepy guy if you know what I'm talking about ;)

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I'll have to take another listen next time my daughter is watching. By the time the end of the show comes around, I'm usually mentally tuned out.

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    No idea who it is/what he used, but I too have noticed that tune. Good stuff!

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ugh. I've done my time watching blues clues and thankfully my son has pretty much outgrown it. I've never noticed the music actually.

5. krustwell

krustwell

May 18, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    It took me 4 years, but I found this!! Conrad Korsch is the man behind the Blue's Clues fretless chops. Wish I could find more of his stuff from the show. Aside from reminding myself how many sides a square has, how to make the color "Aquamarine", etc., his playing is what keeps me interested.

6. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    Sounds like a Rob Allen .

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The guy that plays the main character on Blues Clues is an indy songwriter/musician, has played in several indie bands and has worked with members of The Flaming Lips among others.

bc

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    lol at this thread. What childrens shows make us do...

9. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Is it fretless, or keys?

Those kids shows... man they have a vibe all their own. Sometimes cute, sometimes creepy but they're definitely their own thing.

10. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    I agree with the hansome lad who posted above,likely a Rob Allen fretless .

11. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Watch 'Death to Smoochy'. It's not like it's a documentary. But I've wondered how close it is, sometimes.

12. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    My kids watched it and now my 4 year old is watching it. All the music is good. Great guitar tones too!

13. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I've noticed it before, but I have a tendency to tune it out... I'm Blues Clues'ed out at this point...:bag:

On a different note - anyone ever notice the funky J-bass stuff on Seinfeld? there was always some sort of quick riff or two going on every show.

14. That was actually recorded with a keyboard - playing a slap sample. :scowl:

15. Funnily, only a few minutes back, I was talking to my pal about the musical career of Steven Burns. I actually do dig some of his stuff.

16. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    ARGH!!

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Steve from Blues Clues is actually a musician (though I dont know if he's done music work for the show).
    He's friends with The Flaming Lips, who I believe helped him produce an album.

edit: seems I am not the only one to know this.

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I never thought that sounded even remotely like it was being played on an actual bass. It screams synth.

bc

19. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    You may be right, but I've never actually seen it on a tv with more than a teeny speaker :) Maybe had I payed closer attention or something. Just never seemed important enough for me to study in detail.

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Whereas I would record it and listen to it incessantly on an audiophile system.

bc

:smug: