blues songs ?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jerryoram, Sep 3, 2002.

1. jerryoram

Feb 7, 2001
    heard two blues songs red house,the other wheres your sister or freezing to the bone can someone help who either artist might be?also suggest some other bands with outstanding blues bassists
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Jimi Hendrix has one of the finest renditions of "Red House." I'm not familiar with "Freezing to the Bone." Lightnin' Hopkins did a "Little Sister's Boogie", but I have no idea if that is the song in question. There is another one, 'Hey, Little Sister, Won't You Come Out Tonight" that I vaguely attribute to Buddy Guy or BB King...heck, maybe both.

Hendrix' song can be found on his album of blues excellent choice for you to study blues music. Noel Redding played bass on that CD.

Other bands with outstanding blues bassists include Robbin Ford and the BlueLine with Roscoe Beck on bass. Stevie Ray Vaughan with Tommy Shannon on bass. The Blues Brothers with Duck Dunn on bass. Also, forgive me because I can't remeber his name, but BB King's bass player for the last several years is exceptional. When BB King performs live, he often does long stories before launching into a song. This bassist can play a continuous walking bassline throughout the oration nonstop and flawlessly. He is killer. I also admire the bassist who play on Buddy Guy's records.
  3. jerryoram

Feb 7, 2001
    thanks boplicity bought a fewcd`s another artist is W.C.Clark "from austin with soul" bassist Larry Fulcher