1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blues / Soul / Roots Rock bass in LA

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by lexington125, Jul 11, 2014.

1. lexington125

lexington125

Sep 11, 2013
    hollywood, baby......
    someday I will find 4 or 5 other guys who want to play the blues the way it was played before it became all about guitar heroics
    older blues / R&B bass player seeks a different kind of blues band. Instead of the usual guitar hero blues rock band, I'm looking for something more like the 1950s Howlin Wolf band crossed with the early James Brown band mixed up with a good helping of Booker T & the MGs. Great songs, killer arrangements and so well rehearsed that we frighten people. And how about playing something other than the same two dozen "standards" that every blues band seems happy to play - there are so many great songs that are just waiting for a good band; lets find some great obscure tunes and come up with our own great arrangements. (and then write a few originals good enough to stand up next to the best of the 'classics') Not interested in trios (trying to avoid that guitar hero thing...) and I already waste too much time commuting to my day job, I don't want to have another commute to rehearsal, so I'm looking for a band that rehearses close to Universal Studios (NoHo, Toluca Lake, Burbank, etc.). Yeah, I'm picky, but I'm also very reliable and willing to rehearse often.

walkinmybass@gmail.com