1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Blues Traveler Custom Benavente SCA 6 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BTBOTTOM, Dec 27, 2016.

1. BTBOTTOM

BTBOTTOM Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Nashville
    Price:
    $2000
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I'm selling my beloved Benavente 6. I had this built in 2003 and it has truly served me well. It has been my main live and recording bass for the last 12 years. It has toured with me in Blues Traveler around the states and world and is every bit as solid as it was the day I received. it. It is made of beautiful brazilian rosewood on korina, 3 pc maple neck, ebony fingerboard and brazilian rosewood pickups covers and knobs. The PUPS and Pre are all Benavente custom. In addition it has Piezo saddles and has the 13 pin GK Roland output. I played this bass so much the frets finally wore out. That's when I decided to make it a fretless. My name is also inlayed in mother of pearl on the 12th fret. I can see that being an issue if you're name is not Tad but it's also a great story piece. Or you can just say the bass is called Tad. I really love this bass but do not play it live enough anymore. It certainly deserves a more active home and way more performances. Please feel free to contact me with any questions concerning the bass.
    DSC_5579. DSC_5581. DSC_5582. DSC_5583. DSC_5584. DSC_5585. DSC_5587. DSC_5588. DSC_5589. DSC_5647. IMG_9267.

ivlucas, TolerancEJ, nbsipics and 8 others like this.
  2. engedi1

engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    Gorgeous bass.

Maiden Bass likes this.
  3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Very cool! I've seen Tad a few times with this bass at Red Rocks over the years... KILLER bass and player!

4. BTBOTTOM

Jan 31, 2016
    Nashville
    thanks man.

Drkwdsman@yahoo likes this.
  5. Susqmike

Susqmike

Nov 15, 2011
    Awesome bass! I bought your fretted one a year or so ago.

6. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    One of the top Basses I've ever owned or played was my Benavente SCB 5 stringer. Chris is one of the best builders in the world and his instruments sound as good as any oput there. Good luck with this beauty as I know whoever gets it will love it.

7. BTBOTTOM

Jan 31, 2016
    Nashville
    I totally agree. Chris knocked it out of the park with this one. Once I went over to the shorter scale Muckelroy's I just don't use it enough.

Elionjamz likes this.
  8. BTBOTTOM

Jan 31, 2016
    Nashville
    How's it treating you?

9. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Beautiful bass. Does it come with a BT harmonica? :D

10. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Tad, it says your in Nashville, I thought you were in TX?