Blues traveler-like the new bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Aug 28, 2003.

1. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Well, it was a sad day when Bob Sheehan passed away from a drug overdose a few years back, and it seems it took BT, especially Popper, awhile to regroup. However, with their second album since Sheehan's passing, does anyone feel BT has changed significantly? Do you like the way they sound now less or more? And of course, which bassist do you think was teh better player (with the band at least). I have only heard a couple songs off of Trush be Told, but I Own Bridge (first album with new bassist), and it seems that Sheehan just had a little more groove and flavor. The new bassist ain't bad by any means though, and I still dig his playing, but I liked Bob more. Changing bassists is usually a bad thing I've noticed. Bob will be missed.
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Like the new guy? Hell yeah.
  3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think Bobby was bit more traditional guy in terms of playing, with bit more groovy lines. Kinchla seems to me like a good but more aggressive player, as in more like a rock musician.

I own the Bridge and like it, but compared to older stuff it has harder, perhaps even bit prog-esque vibe, me thinks.
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I like both versions of the band....I think Tad brings a more modern sound to the band. His use of effects is cool and he is a little more of a melodic soloist than Bobby. I've seen both versions live, and got my money's worth each time!
    They both came to play!!!!:bassist: