1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bluetooth receiver into aux input

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by David A. Davis, Apr 25, 2018.

1. I just ordered a BT receiver so that I can stream from my phone/tablet into my amp. Anybody have any experience with this, good or bad?

2. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    My rehearsal studio has a Blue tooth receiver plugged into the PA mixing board that I can pair my tablet to and it comes thru the PA system. Great for playing songs we want to cover.

SwitchGear and David A. Davis like this.
  3. I think it will depend on latency.
    Too much between pluck and sound out will be weird.

johnpbass likes this.
  4. I'm just going to use it as an input to the aux. Not really worried with latency. I'll hear my playing in time with the streaming music, I hope.

johnpbass likes this.
  5. Do you mean streaming as in, over the Internet?

6. no, just from a MP3. Instead of having a cable to mess with.

7. Could you please supply a link to the bluetooth receiver you speak of

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Not sure about that particular one, but I use a......sigh......Bose receiver that works great.

Looks like they no longer make it though.
    Bose® Bluetooth® Audio adapter

rodl2005 likes this.
  9. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I should have been clearer. I own that one and it works fine as both transmitter and receiver. I tried to use it to transmit bass to a Bluetooth speaker. Works but the delay is way too long to be useful for that.

rodl2005 likes this.
  10. Great! So it'll play vids from yr phone onto a tv too?

11. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    I used one for practice. Couldn’t use and charge at same time, linking was occasionally finicky. Went back to cable.

12. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    As far as I know, you can't stream video over Bluetooth, not enough bandwidth.

rodl2005 likes this.
  13. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody really notices
    I'd use a cord bro. Better quality sound. 0 chance of failure. I don't care for bluetooth anything. I always seem to get interference, and connection problems.

14. mpow streambot

15. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Good quality Bluetooth transmitters AND receivers can sound pretty good.
    Poor quality ones sound like crap. Distance is always "short". And neither will ever match hardlines
    and higher resolution formats, but the goods ones sound OK. Tell us about your experience with it when you get a chance...

16. 6CEE7280-8D98-43CA-83B5-35D77451C27B.jpeg Paired with my iPad, set up was simple. No problems and sounds great. For $15 I’d buy it again.

Scott McArron likes this.
  17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021