1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blungergeek's blunder

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, Sep 16, 2010.

1. you know those stickers on your windshield that say all that crap about vehicle inspections and stuff? usually with the numbers?

Have you ever wondered what happens when you don't get those inspected? Well:

First, since today was a BRIGHT AND SUNNY morning and you felt SO GOOD about yourself, which is a rare occasion, because mostly today you hate your life and yourself because, well, we wont go into that. Anyways, you feel SO GOOD that you decide "hey, I'm gonna drive HAPPY!" so you drive happy! drive-to the classes you're taking 50 miles from your house cause the local community college is rampant with fail and classes you want to take but aren't offered. you drive: THE SPEED LIMIT! :eek: 55 Miles an hour? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?? WHEN DID YOU WILLINGLY DRIVE 55? :eek:

so you're happy...blasting down Route 1 with Type O Negetive and feeling good in your Subaru with ti's airplane-derived 4 cylinder engine that has more horsepower than your friend's V6 mustang...until you spot that PATROL CAR.

You slow down as you pass through an intersection near a gas station. And that is your mistake. Maybe you felt so good you felt like slowing down in case a bus loaded with smiling happy children and puppies and kittens was almost about to pull out in front of you and you wanted to stop because the thought of any of that getting hurt. Or maybe you did because you saw the PATROL CAR about to pull out. There wasn't a bus, so that leaves only one logical option. Either way, you slowed down and make your mistake.

The sheriff glances at you. He just glances, but then pulls out as soon as you go past.

Now, you mentally run down why the cop would pull you over. You're not holding a joint, or speeding, or holding any thing out a window that shouldn't be there, so it's OKAY that he's following you, right? No need to start thinking about how to hide the...OH SNAP THERE GO THE LIGHTS!

You pull over, mentall accepting that you have beenh busted for something you don't know about. You briefly consider it had something to do with that one incident that took place earlier in the summer, but you remember that of the three people present you are the only one that is still ali--oh he wont know about that! there weren't any security cameras in those woods--the thought leaves.

After some sweating, and a few shaky hands, it turns out that you failed to get the car inspected in August, and owe a 30 dollar fine, a 51 dollar processing fee, and 13 in local fees.

Now, if you change the "you's" to "I's", this was basically my morning.

Now, I will say that I should've gotten my car inspected, but that would imply that owning a car is some sort of responsibility or something, and it would also imply that I had some sort of responsibility to check these things, but LOL who has responsibilities anyways...:rolleyes:if the sarcasm doesn't fly off this page and start burrowing into your eyeballs, there is no hope for you...

..but it's not my fault that Hanover County sucks so much that everyone who goes anywhere only goes there TO DRIVE THROUGH IT. Hey, at least us in Fredericksburg got something people want to see. And these Sheriffs? It's like it's THEIR JOBS TO ENFORCE THE LAWS or something....:rollno: geez, what is wrong with this place?:spit:

But who even cares. I'm still very tempted to pay with 94 dollars in pennies.

2. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    thumbs-up-low-res.jpg

3. This is quite a riveting tale, I do say so myself, old chap

4. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Lacking deep enough knowledge of British colloquialism to be able to sufficiently provide a response to this, I'll just leave this here.

[​IMG]

5. If you were trying to say "cool story bro" i was agreeing with you, but you seem to be residing on a different side of reality then I am.

Hold on, let me check.

Yeah, you are.

6. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    That was the original intention, but then I decided that taking things in a completely different direction would be the way to proceed. It seems to have worked.

7. I like this one personally:

[​IMG]

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    the hell if I'm readin' all that.

bc

9. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    I don't have to do that **** here. And no ugly stickers to mess up my windshield. All the smog info is on paper.

10. Not emissions, I mean mechanical inspection so that, you know, you aren't driving with like a serious mechanical problem that might cause your car to spontaneously explode and kill other motorists.

11. oh, virginia, how i do not miss thee.

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    We don't have that here.

As long as our car passes a smoh check every 2 years we are given our registration tags (after paying the fees of course) and thats all we are required to stick on our vehicle (aside from back and FRONT license plates). If our tags are current then everything is good (unless youre breaking some sort of law).

13. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Not in the State of MA. You got off easy. They will fail you here if you have a SPECK of rust near any body seam. They are up your cars ass with 5 probes, and compooter and they pert near shake the wheels off the car in effort to see if the wheels do, in fact, shake. Funny, they didn't when I rolled in. They failed my Wife's car for a code that tripped the OBDII computer but was not even currently lit as a "check engine", nor had been for MONTHS...

"Sorry, State law, automatic fail if a code shows up". I've since paid 100 bucks having the engine "smoked" looking for the "leak" that isn't effing there.

And for your trouble? An additional 30+ dollars. Thnx. AND a chance to re-test and re-fail again.

Annually.

14. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    TL;DR

Although when I lived in the State of VA,...I always got my car inspected in a timely manner. Here they don't do inspections,...just emissions,...and if your smart you register your car in an adjacent county that doesn't do emissions. :ninja:

15. We have a county that does that, but the city doesn't require emissions.

and given that my family has 7 vehicles, It's hard to keep track of when what is due for inspection.

16. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Yeah we don't have that. Just a few requirements when you do register the vechle like the brake lights and such.

17. LAME. I wish my state had that...maybe I'll go back to riding my bike....

18. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    cool_story_bro.jpg

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021