1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bmax noisey?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scottman72, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Has anyone experienced any noise from their Bmax preamp that sounds like a noise gate opening and closing only when your playing? I bought this unit a few weeks ago and didn't really notice the noise through my bass cabinet, but running D.I. out to the board it is very noticeable. I cut the highs back on that channel and it helped a little, but it's still there. Even if I just slide my hands across the strings I can hear it. Annoying.

2. Anyone at all? I'm not seeing any posts on here with the problem I'm experiencing with my BMAX, probably will contact BBE tomorrow.

3. MCS4

MCS4

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Never happened to me in around eight years or so using a BMax in my main rig.

4. Thanks for your response. I'm assuming this must be a rare issue for the Bmax.

5. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    My Bmax-T is as quiet as can be, maybe you have a ground issue.

6. That was one of my first thoughts too so I flipped the ground switch on the back but there was no change. I also have a HUM-X unit on the main power.