Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BMAX question!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jonasp, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Hi guys! Ive had a BBE Bmax for a while and have played many shows with it. I have a question about the DI out. I looked in the manual, but i didnt find anything. Heres my question: 1. Is the DI out after the EQ section? I ask this because my sound coming out of the PA mains don't really sound like the sound coming out of my amp. OR 2. Could my speakers be 'coloring' my sound so much that it doesnt really sound like the preamp sounds?
    BTW, im using avatar 210 and 115.

Thanks, Pete

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's pre-EQ... is there a button on it anywhere that says "Pre/Post-EQ"? I have a button like that on my Traynor and the soundman always pushes it to Pre-EQ for some reason. Just a thought.

3. There is no button or switch for pre-post eq. On the front, there is a pre-post switch, but thats for the BBE Process, so that couldnt be it. :confused:

4. jonathanl

jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA

IIRC, it's post-eq. (And there's no pre/post switch..)

5. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Bad guess, sorry boss.

6. jonathanl

jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA
    Oh, no need to apologize. I could be wrong too. I haven't had the unit for a while.

FYI, your soundman pushes the pre-eq because most soundtechs like a "clean" signal, so they can work with it. (Much to the dismay of some bass players. I can see it from both view points since I've been in both positions...)

7. bennettsteve

bennettsteve Guest

Dec 14, 2002
  8. judd levison

judd levison

Jun 2, 2003
    it's post everything.

actually, i'm a soundguy by trade and i would definitely prefer the bass player to give me his "sound" and i'll get it in the PA as faithfully as i possibly can.

anyway, definitely post.

peace

9. Ok, then are my speakers giving me 'my sound'?
    That must be the case. :)