Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BMax Users...Effects Loop Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rumzini, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I just had a thought of how to configure my rig...and I'm not at it right now so. I've checked the manual, and have searched the forums. My question...

Is the effects send an affected signal? Is shaped by the BMax eq section? Or is it a dry signal?

2. Why not ask DJNylonpants. He works for BBE, and he's
    here on TalkBass. I'd like to know as well.

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I forgot, that's why. Thanks.

4. Keep us posted on what you find out would ya?
    Thanks.

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    No prob...if anything I'll be at my rig tomorow and find out myself.

6. So.... is the effect send affected (maximizer, compressor),
    or unaffected? Did you find out? Inquiring minds want to know.

7. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Aw man. I was wondering if anyone would remember. I ran late getting to practice last night, after having to run to the music store for an XLR to 1/4 cable for my BDDI, (which worked like cap). So I didn't have time to try it out. I did set the BMx as flat as it will go and used it as a volume booster though. Seems the XLR out of the BDDI didn't have enough volume to hit the power amp, THAT SUCKED. Maybe I didn't have the right combination of switches or something. Anyways...I'll try again this weekend or is I can sneak over there before which I doubt will happen.

8. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hello,
    Yes the EQ affects the Send on the Bmaxs’ effects loop, if you have any further questions please email me back

Thank you,
    Memo Romero
    BBE Sound Sevice
    714-897-6766 x116

9. Thanks for passing that on.

10. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    So I wonder if you canjust plug straight into the return jack and utilize the master volume. Basically it would act as a volume booster.

Now my next question....Does it fall before the Compressor, Maximizer??? Hmmm???

11. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Did a lil playin around last night. If you plug into the effects ruturn. The signal can be effected by the compressor, the Sonic Maximizer, and the master volume. After today though...no more messin with it. It's on it's way out.