1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Board wiring help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cjmodulus, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Hi everyone, I've been off the forums for quite a while, nice to see not much has changed. So I'm looking to start gigging again soon and I've finally settled on my pedal board. I've been using the cutting board for a while, but it's always been kind of messy (powered by a 1spot chain, not a lot of space, etc).
    I reckoned it was because I was just using standard size patch cables- I've seen demos of things like lava cables, but I question how reliable something like that might end up being. Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for airing this thing up as efficiently and neatly as possible. I'm looking at getting some kind of power brick to stick on the back (I've got 2 door stops with Velcro that I use to angle the board) and the ToneHammer has its own supply. The signal chain will go right to left from the envelope filter (see attached pic), then up left to right on the second row from the small octave. My biggest question is how to go about connecting the 2 octave pedals, with them being so far apart- any input would be greatly appreciated! image.jpeg

cataract likes this.
  2. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Greetings, and welcome back!
    I myself recently picked up a used Pedaltrain in the classifieds here-- I don't know why I waited so long to get into the board game (ha), also ditched the OneSpot for an actual Pedal Power 2 Plus:
    image.jpeg
    I'm waiting for a couple pedals and a new mounting kit to arrive before wiring everything up, but I picked up a few Mogami cables (w/ pancake ends) of various lengths.
    All of my pedals but one have top jacks, so 6" cables are my most used- however, to solve the problem of sending signal from one end of the board to the other (the output of that big green guy will be sent to the input of my MBD-1), I simply hopped on Amazon and picked up a 20" Mogami cable.

Stumbo likes this.
  3. FD325742-A2E3-4B8F-80A5-429C8A2787E3.jpeg I originally had a planet waves build your own, easy to use and very reliable and lasting just the connectors are a bit bulky... I did try the lava but it just just be me could never build a solid one so now use pancake presoldered where I can.

4. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I used EBS pre made cables of various lengths that I got from Bassstringsonline.com . They have flat connectors and I have had no Issues with them .

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021