1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bob Glaub's rig

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Winemule, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Winemule

Winemule Guest

Feb 27, 2005
    Bob Glaub is one of those Nashville/LA studio guys, recorded with everyone you've ever heard of. I know Lakland built a bass for him. Anybody know what his rig is for live performance?

2. BassBot

BassBot

Oct 31, 2006
    San Francisco
    I'd be curious to know too.

3. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    Maybe someone at Lakland knows.

4. Hamrhed

Hamrhed

Dec 26, 2007
    Ky
    The only live show Ive seen Bob play was with John Fogerty, and it looked like he was playing SWR amps & cabs...

This was in his pre-Lakland days, so he was using his Modified P bass, a Music man, and a Gibson Hollowbody...

5. lohz

lohz

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Found this on You Tube...

6. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

Seen Bob this year.
    He was using the new Ampeg Heritage SVT and a Heritage 4x10
    cab.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    if that auralex commercial doesn't prove that great musicians often don't know much about audio, i don't know what does. he's got the bassiest cab ever made, he's shocked to hear too much low end rumbling, and he sticks a gramma pad under it and it's cured? um, yeah, sure, bob. why not get a cab that isn't the bassiest cab ever made?

edit: he's still a great darn player, though ;)