1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bob Marley Playing a Guitar With Missing Strings?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by owensea777, Aug 12, 2007.

1. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    I seem to remember a Bob Marley poster with his guitar missing a string or two. I pretty sure the bottom three stings were there, I'm guessing so he could still hit the reggae upstroke licks. Maybe it was just one string missing, the D string.
    A while back, my friend had a guitar missing this string because it broke, and someone who saw it for the first time asked if he was playing like Marley in that poster.

Anyone know why the guitar was missing a string or strings? I would find it wierd that a poster was made of him holding a guitar with a broken string...maybe he was re-stringing it, but I'm pretty sure he was not...

2. this one?
    Bob_Marley_guitar_L.

3. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    MAybe he had broken a string that day and someone just snapped a picture of him playing without the string. Probably didnt get new strings yet.

4. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I play in a reggae band with a frontman that is as reggae as you can get. Before I joined the band, he had a #1 hit in Zimbabwe, his second home country. He's an extremely talented and charismatic guy. Anyway, he don't care about trifles like a broken string, sound quality, instrument/gear quality etc etc etc...It's only the reggae feel that means anything.

I could rant a lot about this band, especially him, but I just say that if he would have played his cards right, been somewhat sober/clean on gigs and had even the slightest clue about anything in the music business, he'd be a big star. :rolleyes:

Sorry for going a bit off-topic...

5. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    superbassman2000, yep.