Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bob Moog - not the same old filter - yum!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by prismacolor2, Feb 3, 2004.

1. prismacolor2

prismacolor2

Nov 6, 2003
    Boston
    Is it love...that I'm feelin?

get a load of this:

http://www.moogmusic.com/detail.php?main_product_id=111

Moog Music announces the Multiple Resonance Filter Array--or MuRF™--a groundbreaking new analog effect designed by Bob Moog. The latest issue in the distinguished line of Moogerfoogers provides a radical new way of tone shaping and adding pulsing, percolating or shimmering rhythmic effects.

The heart of MuRF's processing prowess is an array made up of eight resonant, tuned bandpass filters laid out in a manner similar to a graphic EQ, each with a slider controlling the gain of that frequency band. The similarity to a graphic EQ ends there: the MuRF's filter array adds warm, musical resonances to the input signal, not just a flat frequency response. The filters alone allow dramatic tone shaping capability.

Each filter's gain is also controlled by the "Animator," a pattern generator that supplies envelopes to the eight filters, adjusting their levels in 12 different rhythmic patterns. Adjustments to the filters' sliders can add further rhythmic and timbral variation. The MuRF also has a tap tempo input for syncing the Animator to the beat of the music.

A wide selection of sequencing patterns is available, and the sequencing rate may be varied from extremely slow to extremely fast. The range of effects can range from gentle, slow-moving sound clouds, to deeply rhythmic grooves, to totally wild tone transmutations. Sequence selection, sequencing rate, envelope shape, and direct mix may be played in real time.

MuRF shares the musician-oriented features that are common to all Moogerfoogers. All the audio processing is 100% genuine analog, for warm, fat sound quality. Any line level or instrument level audio signal may be processed. Wide-ranging player parameters may be controlled from the panel knobs as well as from expression pedals or analog synthesis instruments. Components are rugged and long lasting, to withstand the rigors of stage and studio. Finally, the MuRF is housed in the classic Moogerfooger "double-wedge" enclosure that may be used on a table or on the floor.

The MuRF took the 2004 NAMM show by storm. It is the antidote for those musicians who are tired of the same old effects. It is unlike any other analog effect on the market. The MuRF is anticipated to ship by the end of March 2004. MSRP is $435.

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Looks good to me!

Now, who's got 'em???

I'm still trying to get a Taurus pedal set-up...

~S~

3. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    The MuRF vs Meatball reissue showdown has awoken me for three nights running. No joke.

I'm scared for my tax return.