Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bob Saget is a dirty momo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Against Will, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    So, Bob Saget (yes, Bob Saget of Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos) came to perform stand-up at my college. Good Gravy! I had to boil my ears at the end of it. No, not really, but it was dirty diry humor. A good number (though not TOO many) of poo jokes, as wel as...other more "colorful humor". It was funny, the basis of the show was basically him venting his neuroses after becoming essentially typecast as a "family entertainer" and being well-aware .
    It wore a little thin for me as the whole "Hey, I'm Bob Saget! Watch me say nasty, horrible, dirty things" seemed more like a novelty than material for a real act. Then again, I never watched Full House, but there was a girl two rows behind me that was on the verge of tears at the end of the show, she was absolutely traumatized.

So, 3.5/5 stand-up, adjust according to how much you used to watch Full House. (PM me for interesting factoid about Dave Goullier)

2. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Bob Saget has always had a fairly vulgar show. Not many people remember him before Full House, but his language was the same then as it was at the show you saw.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i was shocked when i saw him in some drug comedy... forgot what it was...

but his line was "i used to suck _______ for crack..."

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    That would be Half Baked sir.

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    thats what i was thinking

6. half baked is a classic, mike you need to be punished

7. He's a moron.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Who's a moron....Bob or Mike?

-Mike

9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Might be both...

:bag:

:D

10. Bob Saget is the man...thats all i have to add to this conversation...i want an uncle like danny tanner...i just watched the full house where danny tries to impress DJ by singing "my generation" and it was awesome!

11. Neither. It's the guy on the couch.

:D

Rock on
    Eric

12. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Another comedian like that is Robin Williams. His HBO special is awesome, but completely different than the image you get from him in movies. Dirty, filthy, vulgar, and obsene. Its awesome :D

13. Obviously you didn't see Death to Smoochy.

Rock on
    Eric

14. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

One movie out of thirty doesn't stop the image the other 29 projects. In the end, that is just a role in a movie. His stand up is him. That is what makes it suprising.

15. Comedian who only uses dirty jokes = easy laughs = no talent.

Sort of like:
    Bands who copy Blink 182 = impresses stupid kids = no talent.

Check out Mitch Hedberg if you want to see a comedian with a style of his own.

16. word, mitch hedberg is one of the few people ive seen that can make ANYTHING funny. half of his jokes make no sense and wouldnt be a bit funny if told by anyone else, but his style is so perfected that its hilarious. hes a comic genius!

17. His role in, umm, oh damn, I can't think of the name. Kinda freaky movie where he is a photoshop worker. Not funny at all.

Anyway, it's a good movie, and it shows that he actually has depth to his character. Same thing with his role in Jakob the Liar. There is a small amount of humor, but it's pretty dark. He does movies where he is not funny at all, and they usually are pretty good.

Then there are movies like Toys, which is just hilarious.:D

Rock on
    Eric

18. Jack was one his best roles imo

this thread is officially now about robin williams

19. There was a Robin Williams movie where he was a potty mouthed college professor. The movie was good, his character was good, but all the f-bombs he was dropping seemed forced.

20. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    "I AM RAINBOW F%&^*$G RANDOLPH!!!!!!"

Loved it!