Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bob Segar

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Does anybody have a tab or know where to find one for 'Her Strut' by Bob Segar.
    I would also be pleased as punch with any general instruction or help anybody could offer to help me make my own tab. Thanks.
    FWIW - I checked every tab site I know of including links from the stuck thread - also I'll be using me own ears first and foremost and charting it myself, but so far I haven't even tracked down a recording and I've promised to learn the tune asap...so...yeah, anybody got a tab?

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I posted this in my "Err I got a list" thread. I don't know if you got it, but the larger portion of the song is in E. Just chug along on the E while the guitar does that riff.

Then go up to A then to C, for the oooh, they do respect her but... then fall back to the B.

Aside from that it's all in E. You pretty much root note through the entire song. There is slight rhythmic variations and little fills, but that's it.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    As far as making tabs... that's easy. You can get programs, but either go in Notepad on your computer... or make sure you are using Courier font and just make a tab bar...

|---------------------|
    |---------------------|
    |---------------------|
    |---------------------|

To make |, hold shift and there should be a button that has \ and | on it near you enger key... push it. The rest are just standard ------ hypens. Then just fill in the info.

|-----------------------------------------|
    |0-0-0-0--5--5--8-8--7-7-7-7-7-7----|

Easy.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well it helps to find things when you do a search, if you spell the name right!! ;)

So it's Bob Seger!!

Don't say I never do anything for you!! :D

http://www.lyrics.net.ua/song/86137

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Thanks Bruce. You make a very valid point! - and thanks for the cool link.