1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bob Welch R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Jun 7, 2012.

1. dls59

dls59 Supporting Member

Crap. Another good one gone. :(

2. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Sorry to hear that. I wondered why the local classic rock station was suddenly playing Ebony Eyes on the drive home today. I haven't heard that song on the radio in years... Godspeed Mr. Welch...

3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Crap! I can't believe it! That totally sucks.

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    When I was a kid, "Hypnotized" was one of my favorite tunes. I wouldn't have known the word to describe it then but now I would say it's "sexy."

5. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Bob Welch was also an accomplished bassist. He played some nice bass lines on some of his solo hit records.

6. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Man, I had Hypnotized in my head all day yesterday, now where did that come from?:meh:
    It's extra sad when the little voices in your head get too loud do deal with anymore. He had a unique style and stood out in a band of awfully talented people.

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
  8. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Damn. Fleetwood Mac during that era is still one of my all time faves. Bob Welch, Danny Kirwin, Jeremy Spencer... Those guys had it goin' on.