Bobby Vega with Steve Kimock

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by silvertone, May 15, 2016.

1. silvertone

silvertone

Nov 6, 2007
    SF, CA
    Set 2:Attended a couple of great shows this weekend at Sweetwater in Mill Valley, CA with Steve and Bobby along with a great new talent, Leslie Mendelson who is a fantastic singer. On keys, the redoubtable Jeff Chimenti of Furthur/Ratdog/Phil and Friends and drummer Jay Lane of Ratdog/Phil and Friends/Primus.

Thursday's show (the 4 night run opener) featured Dan "Lebo" Lebowitz, of the great Bay Area Band ALO on guitar.

Set 1
    Don't Think Twice > Positively 4th Street > Don't Think Twice , Wild Horses , My Sisters and Brothers, That's What Love Will Make You Do , He Ain't Give You None , I'm Going Back to Dallas (Freddie King Tune)

Set 2
    Help on the Way > Slipknot > Kiss (Prince) > Slipknot, Brass in Pocket , The Harder they Come, Ship of Fools , After Midnight > Eleanor Rigby > After Midnight, Mystery Train

Here's a bunch of Vids I capped if anyone is interested:
    Deep Elem Blues (Bass Solo)
    https://youtu.be/vcpAOREOcJg
    Help on the Way >
    Slipknot >
    Kiss

Part II:
    (Prince's) Kiss > Slipknot:

Brass in Pocket

My Sisters and Brothers

He Ain’t Give You None

Wild Horses

TWLWMYDO:

Don't Think Twice >
    Positively 4th Stree >
    Don't Think Twice

Saturday night's show featured some huge jams and the 2nd set included Steve's son, Miles on Guitar
    Set 1:
    Un-named Bossa Nova, Tongue 'n Groove > Sexual Healing > Tongue 'n Groove, Tangled Hangers, Get Back
    Set 2:
    Oh, Babe It Ain't No Lie, Bell Bottom Blues, Many Rivers to Cross, Shakedown Street, Don't Let Me Down
    Encore:
    Call Me the Breeze

Friday night I had a gig so I missed the guest appearance of Bob Weir.

Bobby Vega was on fire throughout - total groove-meister.
    He had his killer sounding GlockenKlang head and cabs, his amazing old J bass, a P Bass and his Ribbecke Acoustic for some of the set on Saturday.

Fun times in Marin!

2. Blueinred

Blueinred 21st century Genz-Benz guy Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Greater Cincy
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing, man!

3. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I saw them together in the band Zero years ago, loved it!