Bobby Vegas @ Bass Player

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I really dig his approach.:)

2. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Neat interview. Kinda hard to hear.

3. Hoover

Hoover Inactive

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    I first heard about Bobby Vega thirty years ago at a clinic Jeff Berlin was doing at Berklee. Somehow the conversation got around to bassists who play with a pick, and some of the students (and even faculty) were dissing Chris Squire and saying Anthony Jackson was "slumming" when he used a pick, and all kinds of trash talk like that, and Jeff Berlin said something to the effect of "if you'd ever heard Bobby Vega play bass you'd never talk bad about pick players again."

Or something like that. It was a ringing endorsement, and definitely made me want to check out Bobby's playing.

4. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    First wedding I ever played was with a guy named Bobby Vegas (that's how you wrote it in the title of the thread). i was shocked to find a thread about him. Now I understand it is Bobby Vega and much relieved! Bobby Vegas had a sleveless/ cutoff tux shirt, enough said!

5. stuntbass77

stuntbass77

Nov 6, 2007
    Bobby is the man! Bobby is "go home and burn your bass good"! He is that good. Go to "bass player tv" dot com and check out him on the artist page. His video was voted #1 and i can see why. Sly and family stone always had kill'n bass players..lol

6. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    Bobby Vega is Great. He could be the best kept secret in bassdom!
    He also subs for Rocco In T.O.P

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    :DI just caught that!:ninja:

8. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    Very inspiring player!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021