Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Body Count

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Jul 11, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Anyone else like them?For those of you not-in-the-know Body Count is Ice-T's punk band.My friend let me borrow their self-titled,its amazing.

2. cop killer is a classic - do you have the unedited version?

3. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I do.

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    "cop killer" isnt on the cd,but i think ill have to download it,ive heard it before though.

5. its not really punk its more like seed metal with rapping

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    seed metal?

flower metal?

hippie metal?

7. I've got the "born dead" Bodycount album.
    "Necessary evil" is a great track- but the mix is terrible- drums too loud and no bass- the "and justice for all" syndrome.

8. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Those guys could wail. They were kind of experimental. Some stuff (cop killer, there goes the neighborhood, kkk b!tch)) is like punk rock, but they threw in typical lame metal sound (body motha####in count) and some other stuff (as well as parts of the other songs) was kinda stoner rock. They did a sweet cover of "Hey Joe" on a Hendrix tribute (And people think gangsta rap was the first genre to speak of "capping dirty b***hes").

Just be careful where you white guys roll around blasting "There goes the neighborhood." Some people don't know that's Ice T singing.

:)

9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    lol.I was thinking of doing that...

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Ice T is probaly in my top 5 musicians/artist that I highly respect list. Every time I see the man in an interview, I shut up and listen to what he has to say. Very intelligent and very real guy.

11. It's sad that their bassist, Mooseman, was gunned down a some years back.
    I've met Ice-T though and he is a pretty cool guy.

~Ad

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Any guy that puts a vending machine in his house so his friends won't eat all HIS food is cool by me.