Body/Neck mixing among fenders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rojo412, Sep 11, 2000.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I see a lot of P basses out there with J necks or "A" width necks. Are there any basses that people have seen that are J bodies with P necks or do they not fit? That would be a bass I'd like to see... but never do :(
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Jaco told in his video that he owns a Fender J w/ a P neck...that's all I can tell you about it - personally I don't like Fenders...
    But you can try part manufacturers like Warmoth or Stuart McDonald (?) case a P neck doesn't fit you can adjust it or go to a local repairshop...
  3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    On all the P's and J's I've seen the necks will interchange (except for some of the really older ones). They are the same width where they bolt on.
  4. it is the oft discussed CAD/CAM bass. I picked up a Warmoth fretless neck on ebay and will mate it with my own custom Jazz body. I already have a fretless Jazz and wanted something that was a little bit unusual. I think that the wider neck will make a good fretless version. By the way, my Warmoth is 1/16" larger that a B series neck but 1/16" smaller than a C series. Go figure. And if this works, I probably will stop buyin'em and just build one when I want.