1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Body wood and pickups on Ibanez GSR200

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cassanova, Apr 16, 2009.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I told some kid that I would try and find out what the body wood and pickups are in his bass. Its an older Ibanez GSR200. Looked on Ibanez's site,couldn't find a match. Had to snatch a pic from ebay but this its the same bass.

gsr200.

2. dmgriz

dmgriz

Mar 4, 2014
    Halifax, NS
    I recently picked up a used 2005 GSR200. Which am quite pleased with BTW. Not exactly as in your pic but this is what I found about it:

I'm not allowed to post links here yet but Long & Mcquade says the wood is Agathis which wiki says "The wood is commonly used in the manufacture of low priced guitars due to its good resonating properties, yet relatively low price of production."

and the pups are "Powersound" which, apparently are the same that epiphone and cort use (the ones with ferrite ceramic magnets, that is).

Unlike the guitar in your pic, mine (and the ones L&M website) has an active bass booster which really amps up the growl!