Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Body Woods

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, May 17, 2004.

Body Woods??....

Poll closed May 31, 2004.
  1. Ambonia / Flamed Maple / Ambonia

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Cocobola / Flamed Maple / Cocbola

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Buckeye Burl / Flamed Maple / Buckeye Burl

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. Other..!!!!

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Need To Decided on my the woods for my New Bass...!!!.what do you reckon..!!!

cheers.!!! ;)

2. flame maple as the core? your not even going to be able to see it... and people say i'm wasteful using flame maple for a neck

3. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Zebrawood...

or JUST

Cocobola

EDIT: and Bird's eye Maple Fretboard. Is the bass gonna be a Neck through or bolt on? If its a Bolt on, I would suggest a Wenge/Prupleheart/Wenge/Purpleheart/Wenge
    Neck.

4. What about Flame Walnut for the top? Not only the most beautiful wood in the world but also with a tone to die for...

My Pride & Joy

5. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Why not go KOA!

6. The flamed maple with be the center block.. with the front and back facings not quite covering the entire top allowing the flamed maple to show through the front and sides.. ala. sei, alembic it will not be totally encapsulated in the front and back facings...

With going for

Rock Maple/Wegne or as mentions Purple/Wenge or maybe even 1 piece Eastern Hard Rock Maple Neck...

Fingerboard Figured Maple with Wegne Binding.!!!

Walnut has crossed my mind...and if a nice piece turns up then you never know..same with Koa..you can get some Crazzy Koa which looks great.!!! :)...

Ill keep you all posted..!!

7. Tho I think I have found the woods...

Ambonia as the facing...

[​IMG]

Imbuya As the Back

[​IMG]

Flamed Maple as the Core...

in this kind of design

[​IMG]