1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BOGART SKC Germany Prototype 5-String Bass - 34" Scale, 19mm, Noll Preamp, PLEK!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Apr 20, 2010.

1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    This is a Bogart prototype 5-String bass made by SKC Germany. Bogart is better known for their high end carbon graphite basses - this was an all-wood model that was going to be introduced for the US market. It has a hand written "1" in pencil on the headstock. The bass has a wide neck (currently setup for 19mm but could go up to 20mm thanks to the adjustable bridge). Bartolini MM-style humbucker pickup and Noll Preamp gives it a really fat, punchy tone with lots of flexibility.

I had a PLEK computerized fret leveling/setup done to the bass when I got it (costs $250). Setup with very low action with new strings. Fingerboard is almost flat (no relief), plays/sounds great all over the neck now. Frets are perfect and polished. The bass is in great shape with just minor wear (pictured below).

SELLING FOR $650 shipped in the US. International shipping is no problem, just PM me for a quote.

Specs:
    Body: Alder
    Neck: Rock maple
    Fingerboard Purpleheart
    Pickup: Bartolini MM/Stingray Humbucker pickup
    Preamp: NOLL Elektronische TCM-3 3-band
    Bridge: Fully adjustable aluminum bridge (Schaller or ABM) - currently 19mm spacing (can go up to 20mm)
    Nut width: 2"
    Width at 24th fret - 3 1/8"
    Weight: 8.4 lbs
    Finish: Tobacco sunburst

Bogartbody1.

Bogartbody2.

Bogartback.

BogartHS1.

BogartHS2.

Bogartfb.

Bogartwear1.

Bogartwear2.

2. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Are you a music dealer?

3. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    No...though I get asked that a lot. I buy and sell a lot of gear - its my hobby.

4. Nice bass!! I've always wondered how a Bogart bass compared against the other more,well-known boutique basses. I've known about these bad boys for a l-o-n-g time,now.... What caught my eye on this bass?? The pup location......W-a-y b-a-c-k towards the bridge. Punch & definition,in spades!!

5. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Yea, it's definitely got punch and definition. Very aggressive and growly. Thanks for the comments. Looks like the guy that won the eBay auction isn't going to pay, so it's back on the block.