1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bogdan pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lefty Geek, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Lefty Geek

Lefty Geek

Feb 13, 2006
    NYC
    Despite the numerous threads, I can't keep track of what's what. Bogdan? Polish? What do I search for?

How many pedals are there now? How much? Why did the chicken cross the road?

2. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    There was a second pedal, but it was pulled because Bogan didn't like the sound. There are many names for the first pedal, but i think "Polish Love" is the most popular.

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Bogdan.

4. there was a third as well, but because the clips were super-underwhelming compared to the second pedal that he made a big deal about (a contest) and then decided to pull and i'd be surprised to hear if more than 5 people got one

5. i got one of the third pedal. i had no time to check it out yet, though

6. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    I don't have either the second or third pedal, although I remember someone in the post your pedalboards thread who had all three...

I have the "Polish Love" on my board, which is a Way Huge Red Llama clone (supposedly). You can find these for sale in the classifieds from time to time as it seems that they are in and out of popularity (like many of the pedals that are new these days). Personally, I love mine. :D

7. also, the circuit is from "electronic projects for musicians" haha!

8. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Are you serious!!?? That's too good.

9. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    All three pedals can be found in my Chronicle of Effects thread for soundclips and reviews.

10. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    It's amazing how Anderton's old tube-sound-fuzz circuit has fathered so many "boutique" pedals!

Actually it's kind of cool.

fwiw, I'm not missing my old Bogdan PL.

11. I love my polish love.

I like it so much I've also order parts to build some more, but with my own touches - probably a tone control, and the switch will be a footswitch to switch in the boost.

12. It's probably advisable to build one yourself as they still get $75 bucks in the classifieds for some reason

13. I'll probably build my own and then sell the Polish, even though they'll be quite similear... all in the name I guess!

If things work out though I will probably start building pedals on the side in general, since I am almost broke, but am handy with a soldering iron... this should be good practice :p

14. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    The PL of course is a love or hate pedal. If you need something for slight dirt, I like how dynamic it is with your playing.

15. you mean the TSF, right?

16. I like my PL as well. It sounds best when barely on. By that I mean gain at 9 o clock...nice and gritty without being overbearing.

17. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    RIP Bogdan.... he got killed by a red llama.

18. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    I think it sounds best when it's not on, but hey we all have our settings!