1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bogus "Reopening" Promotion at Music123

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by kenstee, Sep 27, 2010.

1. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Just to let you all know that 123 is having a "Grand Re-Opening" of their "new and improved" web site http://www.music123.com/. Or so they claim....

I got an emailed announcement and checked it out. HOWEVER, most of the prices they are offering are their standard prices, almost zero discounts. They have a few Hourly Sales but nothing major. Mostly low priced stuff. Also, numerous bugs, misrepresentations, etc. Stay away........or buyer beware......

See comments bottom of http://community.music123.com/docs/DOC-1831#comment-1127 for some specific issues.

2. I also noticed their price match feature is broken as of now. I was going to use it to buy something this weekend, but couldn't. Thanks Music123!!!

3. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I bet Dilbert's boss is currently head of marketing and web dev at Music123.

4. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    +1 for waste of time. Especially since their website it struggling to pull search results and open pages.

5. Tomis17

Tomis17 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    It's ridiculous! Not even worth me opening my email.

6. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I caved on the $1.99 ten-foot guitar cables.

I know they’re garbage, but… and hey, free shipping, too.

They also advertised that their staff were full of musicians, and iirc, had a separate line for guitars and basses.

I recently called to order (I just ask and get 10/15% off) some pickups and strings, and I assure you, the trainee lady nor the lady training her in the background knew at thing about basses or guitars.

That said, I’ve never had any real problems with M123.

:)

7. I ordered a bundle of Drumsticks because I hate getting to a show to find out, they are broken, missing, whatever.....a pack of 6 sets of backups - $10 is cheap insurance. I will only keep 1-2 sets in my "felix" Bag. that way - I don't blow the wad!

I too have never had a bad experience with MUSIC 123.

8. slap-a-da-bass

slap-a-da-bass

Sep 28, 2009
    I completely agree. Deals are terrible. I was looking at two items, a stomp box that was listed at $149 after I logged in, when I added the item to my cart, the price was $194. So, I called them and they told me the price was in fact $194. I also asked about a Line 6 Spider IV 30w guitar amp, no deals on that either. Very poor. A simple phone call to Zzounds or MF and I was offered 10% off.

Not likely I'd waste my time on that site again.

9. henro123

henro123

Jul 7, 2010
    Music 123
    Hey all...

I work for Music 123 and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the feedback (both good and bad). I have sent private messages to a few of you to address specific concerns.

We knew there were going to be problems launching the new site because we were also switching over to new software, and our web team can use all the feedback they can get. They're still working on the search functionality issues, but that remains one of their top priorities at the moment.

Thanks again (seriously; they need to hear this stuff).

10. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    The promotion got me to look at their website, and 'sale' prices. They are working to increase sales this week...

11. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    IMHO, you get major points for showing up here and taking the heat on behalf of your company. This is a lesson to all who are involved in FUBAR situations. Full disclosure and accountability is always the best policy.

12. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    The promo also got me to explore the web site and create a wish list so I could be entered in the shopping give-away.

13. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    The site's a total trainwreck.

I've been trying for an hour to place a simple order. No dice, even using different browsers.

Completely nonfunctional in terms of selling anything. :rollno:

14. If enough people complain, keep an eye out for a "we're sorry" coupon code. Something happend to their website last winter and they released one for 20% off.

Too bad they couldn't get it together before the site launched, but +1 to never really having any trouble with M123.

15. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Agreed 100%! The new site and the bogus "sale" deals on it are a trainwreck, but I do respect you for coming here and owning it, and agreeing that customer feedback is important in these situations. Props!

16. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Yeah, no kidding, huh?
    Last I looked, Music123=MF=GC.Com. To the point they sometimes forget and answer the phones wrong.;)

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021