1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"Bohemian Rhapsody" - ukelele cover

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jul 21, 2012.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    This is damn good.

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Jake is one hell of a musician and a great example of how four part harmony can be used to do pretty much anything musically, often by mere implication. That's a fantastic performance, and the use of octave changes and harmonics to overcome the inherent limitations of the instrument (the uke has more than most) are just sooooooo clever. Most guitarists, or bassists who own ERBs, for that matter, couldn't ever dream of approaching this level of musicianship, even with their advantage of the extra strings. There's a lesson in there somewhere. - it ain't the instrument, it's the person who's playing it.

Check out his version of "While my ukelele gently weeps" in Central Park NY if you haven't seen it.

3. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    That's brilliant. He's put some serious hours in putting that together! Wowzers. How is that thing tuned btw?

4. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    I'm lucky enough to work with Jake regularly. He's an amazing, hard working, dedicated musician and one of the best people I know. His upcoming album release, produced by Alan Parsons(yes, that Alan Parsons) is something to behold.