Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bolin NS 5 String for sale or trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by funkycarnivore, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Got this one recently but I need some cash to buy a cab, so I'm putting it up here for sale or partial trade. It's a Bolin/NS 5 string bass, designed by Ned Steinberger, with a single cutaway Les Paul-type body. There's a strap extension that swings out so that the bass balances properly on a strap. The bass is thin and light in weight. Ebony fretboard on a maple neck with a cool slotted headstock. EMG soapbar pickups, 3-band EQ, and a piezo system that sounds incredible. Price includes hardshell case and all documentation.

I know the market sucks right now, and I'm always up for trading; however I do need some cash out of this bass, so I'll sell for $1995 or take a partial trade + cash. 4, 5, 6 string fretted basses are all fair game. I'd like to get between $800-$1000, so that should give you an idea of what I'm looking for.
    Photos here:
    http://members6.clubphoto.com/jerome513480/1570511/guest-97bd.phtml

2. Jerome, are you joking?
    KFS

3. Nope, gotta do it. I wanted this bass for so long, but I'm starting my final full-time semester of school and I need the cash for books, etc.

4. Yeah, I remember those days...I parted with more cool stuff than I want to think about. Hope you can at least break even. How's the book-learnin' coming?
    KFS