1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bolin NS Five, curly maple top, EMG/piezos

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Giraffe, Jul 26, 2004.

1. I am downsizing, so I have decided to sell this Bolin NS Bass five string. This bass is in excellent+ condition. The neck and frets are mint, and except for a 1" by 1/2" shiny spot on the top (on an otherwise satin finish) it is mint. The bass has a remarkable range of tones due to the combination of a double coil EMG pickup mounted in the harmonic sweet spot, top shelf Fishman piezo bridge pickups, and a well-designed preamp. Visit Bolinguitars.com for more details (and clearer pictures). It was reviewed in the February 2002 issue of Bass Player magazine.

Alder body
    Carved curly maple top
    Maple bolt-on neck
    Ebony fingerboard
    One active low impedance dual coil EMG pickup
    Fishman piezo bridge, fully adjustable
    Eighteen volt EMG BQC preamp
    Volume, bass+/-, treble +/-, mid freq, and mid +/- for the EMG
    Volume and passive tone for the piezo
    Bass boost, individual volumes, and a global volume control inside the control cavity for the piezos
    Original hard shell case

I will sell this bass for $1,500 plus shipping. I am not looking for a trade, but if you had an R Bass, or a wonderful head and some cash, or maybe something else, I might be tempted!

2. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Springfield, Missouri
    Bump for a good guy to deal with.

3. UPS ground to the lower forty-eight included!

4. Bump

5. AMSPOON, I'm trying to respond to your message but I can't get through. Can you try again, or unblock your messages?