1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bolin NS in UK?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DCOOPER, Jul 21, 2007.

1. DCOOPER

DCOOPER

Jul 21, 2005
    scotland
    Hi Guys.Does anyone know of a UK distributor for the Bolin NS bass?I really love the look of this bass and would love to try one.Any pics or opinions would be good too.Thanks.

2. Found it on the site.

Down in London im afraid tho :(

HOUSE MUSIC
    3 Tenter Ground
    Brune Street
    London
    E1 7NH
    Tel - 020 7377 9300
    Fax - 020 7377 2170

Contact - Barry Moorhouse, Nick Owen, Dean Mitchell
    Email: sales@elites.co.uk

3. House Music is the distribution name for The Bass Centre - give Nick a call there!
    http://www.basscentre.com/

House Music is a warehouse directly across the road from The Bass Centre

4. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    John Bolin is (sadly) no longer producing these so you might have to do a little digging to find one. They are definitely worth the effort though. :)

5. DCOOPER

DCOOPER

Jul 21, 2005
    scotland
    Really?!!Do you know why?:crying:

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Jim Frost at Black Canyon Guitar (a former US dealer) told me that Josh Bolin is primarily a custom builder and that the custom stuff was more profitable. Bolin wasn't able to make them economically enough to match their target market and apparently it was either raise the price or stop making them. I suspect that it was another situation like Reverend's where they were making awesome stuff but weren't able to break into the market very well so they had to give it up to streamline things.

Black Canyon Guitar is selling off their stock of Bolin NS basses (and one guitar) on Ebay US right now, by the way.

7. DCOOPER

DCOOPER

Jul 21, 2005
    scotland
    Thanks msquared.Do you think Bolin would make me a custom NS six string with some fancy extra stuff?!!

8. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I don't have any idea how you'd even contact him. Using the email supplied on the site got me zero results, which is how I ended up contacting Black Canyon.

But if you do get ahold of him, I imagine that the phrase "every man has his price" applies here. :) I love the idea of a fanned Bolin NS fretted.

9. BigRedX

BigRedX

May 1, 2006
    If you want one of the standard Bolin NS models, Music Inn in Nottingham had one last time I was in there (about 2 months ago).