Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bolling- Suite for Flute and Jazz Trio

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by vono_box, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Does anybody know where to find (for free) the bass part to the Suite for Flute and Jazz Trio by Claude Bolling.:confused: Thanks.
    Vojta

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    It's certainly still going to be under copyright, so unless someone is tired of their copy you can either lay down the cash or break the law.

Of course, I would never recommend (or partake of) the second course to which I alluded.

3. James S

James S

Apr 17, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I was fortunate enough to perform the Suite with Rampal (for whom the piece was written) and Bolling many years ago at the Seattle Opera House.

One of my most vivid memories of my musical past was "Jean Pierre Rampal". After getting the call for the gig, (besides learning the music) I asked a number of friends about the worlds greatest flutist at the time, Rampal.

The stories told to me of Rampal the womanizer were unbelievable!

I got into the Seattle Opera House for the rehearsal, and coming out of the elevator was and older gentleman with a French accent and two gorgeous 20 year olds. One on each arm.

Suffice is to say I can't tell the rest of the story here on a public board.

But the gig was fun! (and I even got paid)

BTW, the music is alive and available. FREE is the challenge.

4. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    A pleasure to see Jim S posting. This gentleman's the real deal.

Man, I'm glad I don't live in New Hampshire -- they got a lot of good bass-players there . . .

5. James S

James S

Apr 17, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Samuel,

Thanks for your compliment.

Actually I have an EXCEPTIONAL student in the Portland area. He has just turned pro. His name is David Walker. He lives in Limmington.

Jim