Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bon Jovi Box Set!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dedoralife, Nov 29, 2004.

1. dedoralife

dedoralife

Nov 29, 2004
    I picked up their new Box Set called "100,00 Bon Jovi fans Can't be Wrong," the title is interesting to me every time. Anyway, it's amazing how much music and dvd you get in one buy. Most of the songs on the cds I've never heard before...apparently they are all songs that were never released, but the music is amazing. I guess it goes to show how much talent is hidden in the whole record label mess. It comes with 5 music discs and one that's full of DVD tracks. I haven't gotten through it all...but so far I'm lovin the box set!

2. As much as every fiber of my being says "open shot at Bon Jovi," the guy has sold a few more records than I have. And his hair is ultimately better than mine will ever be.

3. Wildside

Wildside

Jan 12, 2004
    theater of pain
    It's good to see another Crue fan on the board. I figured I was probably the only one who had heard that track. It's true, a lot of people in that era were trying to be like dlr since he kind of set the blueprint for the singer in that musical style. I always liked vince more than most people though, since his voice had such a unique and edgy timbre and he commanded the stage very well. It was all too apparent how important vince really was as soon as john corabi joined the band and it all went straight downhill. I really don't like the corabi stuff whatsoever.

As for bon jovi, I liked their stuff up until 92-93 or so. The last two albums, crush and bounce, I'll pass on though. Sambora needs to get back to his roots and start playing some solos again and really working that whammy bar. The level of guitar playing on their last two albums has not even been in the same neighborhood as the classic sambora stuff.

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Triumph: So I hear that you've got a role playing a vampire?
    Jon Bon Jovi: Yeah
    Triumph: It must be nice to have a role in which you are required to suck.

:D

That Triumph interview with Bon Jovi was gold!

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Does that box set include the photo of J.B. Jovi from the cover of "Women's Day" magazine?

6. dedoralife

dedoralife

Nov 29, 2004
    Ok, I must say that Triumph interview sounds hilarious. I am a fan...but I can recognize comedy...hehe