1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bonamassa, Rojas and Bowles

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by etoncrow, May 2, 2010.

1. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum)

Had the extreme pleasure of seeing Joe Bonamassa at an old theater (built 1928) called the Keith-Albee in Huntington, West Virginia last night. Joe was joined by Carmine Rojas on bass and Bogie Bowles on drums. (I missed the keyboardist's name). This is the same bass/drums combination that played on the Prince Albert Hall DVD recorded in Sept '09. Bonamassa played for two hours straight with less than a minute between songs for numerous instrument changes. I am 61 years old. I have seen many national acts in my life (Cream, the Who, Little Feat, Dixie Dregs, etc). IMHO these guys rank among the very best. If any of you have a chance to see Bonamassa on this tour please do yourself a favor and do not hesitate to purchase a ticket. You will not be sorry.

2. Chris Sheaffer

Chris Sheaffer

Jan 30, 2008
    I agree , saw Joe on April 25 , he's simply amazzzzzzing !

3. tbassist

tbassist Tony Black Supporting Member

May 1, 2010
    Waynesville NC
    i'm 6'6"
    I worked with Bogie in LA, we played many gigs and recorded an album with an Americana artist...not only can he play, he's a super nice guy as well, even if he does have a thing for cheesy 80's pop rock!

4. You know I was there Greg. He was awesome. The best I've seen. I think Joe has the chops to play anything he wanted as far as genres go.

5. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Great band! They played Nashville last night and I caught the show with my wife. Carmine is a vastly underrated bassist- he really played the gig brilliantly. Bonamassa did the same non-stop 2 hour set. He's a bonafide Guitar Hero (and I only thought that was a cheezy video game :D)

6. see him in greenville. smokin show. this is a must see.

7. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Carmine is just awesome.. Ive seen this crew live twice, and they killed it both. Carmine plays that sweet First Act singlecut.

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I love Rojas playing & groove, if it's Bowie, Stewart or Bonamassa, he always plays perfectly for the gig.