1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bongo Battery Life

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattsk42, May 4, 2006.

1. I am soon to be a proud owner (tomorrow :hyper: ) of a Bongo HH. I was wondering what the battery life on this will be. Say, a gig consists of 15 songs max, with little or no break between them.

Before someone posts it: Duh, I can have backup batteries. Duh, it depends on playing style, etc. I'm just curious so that I have an idea of when to check. Give me as general of an idea as you can. Thanks!

2. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    It truly depends on how much time you have the cable plugged into it of course.

I play an average of 2 hours every day and 16 hours worth of gigs a month.

Batteries are little over 3 months old in mine and still going strong on my Bongo.

YMMV

tk

3. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    Hours... I have several 2 hours sessions on my current batteries with no problems. Don;t worry about a set... unless you are using those DuraSell batteries that come with Chinese electronics.

4. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    i wonder if there are any 24 volt preamps out there?lol:bassist:

5. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    Haha..I was just thinking about how cool this was on sunday.

I have about 7 hours a month on by bongo and it's a bit over ayear old. I am using the same batteries it came with, hehe :smug:

6. Wow, I wouldn't have ever thought that long. I should modify the title to "How many times have you REPLACED the batteries?"

7. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    On my main Bongo, the one I've had since Nov of 2003, I've changed them exactly twice.

8. On my 4HH bongo I've had for a little over a year now, I've changed them once, about 7/8 months in. It's fallen from grace just recently and has had little use (due to a new aquisition!), but it was my main squeeze for that period, getting between 10-30 hours love a week.

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I realize you asked about the Bongo specifically, but i'm playing a Ray5. I change the battery every 3-4 months regardless of if it needs it or not. I play electric bass quite a bit, and yeah-it's a peace of mind thing.

take it easy.

10. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    If you don't listen to Lord Bongo then well you won't listen.

IMHO

tk

11. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I wish someone had made that clear years ago.

Wait, who is this Lord Bongo guy?

:bassist: