Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bongo Deal at the New Orleans GC

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mike_v_s, Mar 16, 2006.

1. I'm not a fan, but for those of you who are, there is a HH 5 string Bongo at the GC in New Orleans for about $950 (I forget the exact price). I didn't look it over or even pick it up, but I'm sure it was the display model. The color? according to the MM wesite: Desert Gold. According to me: BRIGHTASS ORANGE. I hope someone can take advantage.

Mike

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Before I left San Diego last August, the GC there blew out ALL the MM's for cost and are not stocking them. Here in Oklahoma City, they have a good selection of Bongos, Stingrays, SUBs and even a Sterling.
    Must be regional.

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

They had one just like that at the GC in Clackamas, Oregon, priced at $874 since they had two on the wall.

I walked out with it for $800, including OHSC. :D

The color is really growing on me, BTW. It's a nice change from the rest of my basses, most of which are black:

[​IMG]

4. Man, that orange looks like what Mazda uses to advertise the RX-8 and the Mazdaspeed Mazda6. It's very...uh...BOYRACER.

I bet it looks dead sexy under stage lights, though. Nice family you've got there.