1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Bongo HH Lined Fretless 5, Lava Pearl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by birdxofxprey, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I still have this bass, it's not sold. but there's little interest in it at present here on the board, so I'm going to keep it a while longer. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[I originally had this listed as Lava Pearl, but the consensus among the experts is that it is Desert Gold - Thanks for the info everyone!]

This is one awesome fretless bass, I'm only selling it to fund relentless GAS pains...

I'm the second owner of this bass, had it for about a year. The board is lined pau ferro, and is in great shape - very little observable wear. I've only used Elixir strings on it, and they are pretty easy on a board due to their coating (not to mention that pau ferro is quite hard to begin with).

Everything about this bass is wonderful, functionally there are no issues at all. Electronics are 100%, the neck is stable and the action low with no buzzing.
    Great bass!

Cosmetically, there are three small dings in the finish; the obligatory Bongo headstock ding, and two on the upper side of the bass (visible from above while playing but not visible from the front, nor from more than 3 feet away). Obviously, none of these affects the playability of the bass. All dings are pictured below.

Bongos rule, and I'm going to miss this bass. GAS is an evil thing indeed :mad:

Ships in OHSC.

$899 shipped in the lower 48. Paypal is fine.

Many pics to follow... Thanks for looking!

2. more bongo pics

3. last bongo pics

4. Polk Salad

Polk Salad Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Love the color - nice, nice, nice

5. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    New Jersey
    Nice bass, that looks to be Desert Gold unless you have really strange lighting though.

6. yeah, maybe. i was told when i got it that it is lava pearl, but it looks alot like some of the photos i've seen of desert gold. i can tell you that the pictures i've posted here are an accurate depiction of the color of the bass. and, imo, the tort pg really goes well with the finish, whatever it is :cool:

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    It's definitely Desert Gold, and it's definitely a discontinued color.

If I wasn't GASing for a 6 string Bongo, I'd gobble this up for no other reason than the great price. So, here's a free bump. Someone buy this thing.

8. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    New Jersey
    I would really like this but I need to move gear first before I could do anything.

9. ~ B U M P ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.