Bongo HH sound variation compared with...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Well, I must say I am in love with the Sterling first of all. However I finds its one flaw is where the Bongo HH supposedly shines. I love the deep tones for really feeling the music. However, I need the cutting tone of the sterling so I can play with the punk band. Can the HH bongo produce the cutting sound like the sterling? Or is it mostly deep tones? And wouldnt be suited for punk? I currently have neither bass, and have only played the sterling, which i love with the execption that it doesnt have the variation I want.

Really what I am looking for is a bass with more tonal variation than the sterling, but can still produce like the sterling. Is that the bongo?

Anyone know?
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    People who won Bongos say that they can get a traditional MM sound. In my experience in stores, I haven't been able to do that so don't be quick to assume it can't get it if you just play one for a few minutes at GC or some other place.
  3. yeah sadly no one around here has one ;(. i can play stingrays and srerlings only...
  4. I guess I really just need to find one to try then. The search continues/