1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bongo jack replacement

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Zoomie, May 14, 2012.

1. Zoomie

Zoomie

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Alright. I have an assinine question, however, I don't know the answer so I am forced to come begging with hat in hand.

I am all but certain that the input jack in my Bongo has wet the bed. Cutting out, and when working, some mean rice krispies. And yep, I changed batteries and tried three different cords with the same problem.

I havent even pulled it apart yet. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a switchcraft replacement or do I need to go to EBMM?

If no one knows, I'll find out and post back for the next chucklehead that asks ! rofl

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Is that jack enclosed or open prongs? If its open you can bend the large prong toward the middle and it will make.good contact again.

If its an enclosed barrel type, you need a new one. They stink compared to old fashioned SC jacks. But you can get one at any music store.

3. Zoomie

Zoomie

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Not sure. I'll pull the plate off tonight and check.

I don't think that it is as simple as bending the lock prong back. I have been wrong before though!

Thanks so much, I'll post up a final answer this evening.

4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

K, I looked online at some pics and the examples I have seen are barrel jacks. You need one of these, this is switchcraft brand available from allparts. You just have to watch where the wires go so your preamp shuts off when you pull the jack out.

Attached Files:

5. Zoomie

Zoomie

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Big thanks 96tbird.

I took some pics this morning as a matter of record. It is in fact a barrel.

The one interesting is the ground wire from the kjack that is inserted in screw hole. Havent seen that before, although I have limited experience when replacing things.

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021