Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bongo Pre-amp, and pick up's

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by joeeg33, Jun 7, 2005.

1. All righty folks,
    I know all of the Bongo lovin' people will think I am nuts. I changed the pick up's, and pre amp on my 4 string Bongo. So, I have the complete electronics up for grabs. Included in the sale;

Both the neck, and bridge pick up. These are a little different in shape than the standard MM pick up. The bass side of the pick up doesn't have the 2 screw humps, it is one piece straight accross with 2 screw holes. Includes mounting screw, and springs for each pick up.

4 Band pre amp. Volume, Blend, High mid/Low mid, Bass/Trebel. Includes the knobs

Pick-up's $75 each
    Pre amp $100.00

Shipping will be included, via the USPS. I accept paypal, or a Postal M/O.

If you are interested, please E-mail me at;

repairsbyjoeeg@optonline.net

I will be in a Studio from 12PM, to 12AM today. I will answer any E-mails I receive when I get home tonight.

I can't take any pics right now, need to pick up batteries for my camera.

Joe

2. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Joe, I sent you an email on the pre. Thanks.

W

3. ***Pending Sale*** for the pre amp.

4. The pre-amp is *****SOLD*****

Thanks Will.

5. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Thank you Sir.

6. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Can't wait to hear a Kongo Smith.

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I'm actually going to install it in the baby so I can dial out the high-mid shrieking and emphasize her low-mid wailing.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I would have jumped all over that preamp if it weren't for the fact that I am broke.

Let us know how the experiment goes!!!

Joe, what did you put in your Bongo? Why did you change the electronics?

Somebody buy these neodymium pickups before I am forced to sell something!!!

9. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    she may need a neck pickup for it to make a difference. :D one of the greatest inventions to parent-dom has to be the baby monitors with led lights when the volume is off.

10. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    joeeg33, I'm very interested to see a pic and hear about what you threw into your Bongo and hear what it sound like....

pd

11. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Me too.

12. And me

13. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    The problem is that baby monitor white noise puts me to sleep. The voice activation feature is key. Maybe I could rig it up with an electrode that shocks me whenever it's voice activated. And the 4-band preamp of course.

I've got to get a bass to stick this thing in....hmm...I really want to rig it up to some Nordy dual coils and give er.

14. Hey all,
    So, here is the deal with me and my Bongo. I have always loved the Music Man basses for top notch quality. But, the sound was never my thing. When I played the Bongo last week I liked it for it's playability, and snappy acoustic tone. But, the sound did not do it for me. I have been playing for 26 years now and the only pick up's that I use are the EMG J's. I know they are not the warmest of pick up's but, they give me the clarity, and punch that I like. So, I put a pair in the Bongo and I am very happy that I did. The bass plays great, and sounds they way I want it to. I am going to make a pick guard for it and when I am done, it will look like the J's were factory installed.

Pick up's are still available.

15. ***Pending Sale*** on the pick up's.

16. Pick up's are ****SOLD****

Thanks Ron.