Bonnaroo music festival!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ImSquare17, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Wondering who's planning on going to bonnaroo this year? Lemme know, it'd be sweet to see some of you guys there! And for those of you that don't know what bonnaroo is check it out, it's gonna be the music festival of the summer! The artist lineup contains such bass legends as Victor Wooten, Phil Lesh, Les Claypool and Mike Gordon! A small sampling of the bands playing is:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Nickel Creek
    Bella Flack and the Flecktones
    Elvis Costello
    The Disco Biscuits
    Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder
    Steel Pulse
    Robert Randolf and the Family Band
    Damian Marley
    Umphrey's McGee
    Trey Anastasio

Just to name a few, there's gonna be like 80 bands playing over three days of music, festivities and camping! wooo! I'm crazy excited.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    As I said in this thread: Bonnaroo, I won't be there. Feel free to go and have fun anyway. :p

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What dorks! They totally misspelled Nickelback. Sheesh!!

4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i just made the snap decision to go. i'll be ordering my ticket this weekend. :)
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Nickel Creek is a bluegrass band... :p
  6. i'd love to go, but it is really expensive, and maybe i'll just wait for the equally expensive DVD to come out
  7. I know what you mean, besdes the ticket price, then you gotta pay to get there and back, and for food, but it's going to be so awesome! Closest thing to camping at a Phish show since the great tragedy (the break up)! A DVD is just not going to be the same, but dang that ticket price!

Ha! Equally expensive DVD... the new Bonnaroo DVD? $200.
  8. i dunno, i saw Phish on their final tour, and i don't think Trey's solo project or oysterhead will be anything like phish, but they are good bands in their own right...not worth that kinda $$ though...
  9. I'm going. Claypool is playing with like 3 bands I think, Wooten's gonna be there. I have to go.
  10. jokerk874

Feb 27, 2006
    i'm pretty sure like half the people who go are there just to get totally ****ed up

but yeah i would definately love to go but i doubt i'll be able to because i hear it' s real expensive
  11. It's around 200-300 dollars for the 3-day pass.
    Terrible. I have the Jimi Hendrix Woodstock CD. In the booklet, they have a picture of one of the tickets for Woodstock. For the 3 day pass, it was $18. *** happened.
  12. Yep, it's $200 for a ticket, which includes five or six days of camping, 3 days of music and activities, performances by the 67 bands that are already signed (any one of which seen individually would be $10-$60, more bands will be added), water, restrooms, medical tents, security staff and a festival radio station. Not to mention setup/preparation/planning and teardown/cleanup.

Also, with inflation, that $18 for Woodstock in '69 would translate to something like $130, and Woodstock had less than half the number of artists (31 I believe).

Now I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to say Woodstock sucked, or that I'm saying anything of a negative nature, I'm just showing the positive by comparison. I also hope I don't sound like a bonnaroo representative or plugger, I just really love these festivals and think it's worth the money, I've never heard anyone say they regretted going to bonnaroo.

I can't freakin wait!
  13. Then you know how great the community is yeah? Which shows did you catch on their last tour? But yeah, there won't really be anything quite like Phish at bonnaroo, but as far as quality of music and community go, bonnaroo will be pretty close to a Phish show.
  14. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i think the price is pretty darn good considering what it encompasses. i cant wait. :)
  15. yeah, i saw the show at alpine valley, which was their last venue of the last tour i believe, and it was a great show, i later got it on CD from
    but yes you are right, the community will be similar, along with the should be a lot of fun...i still would rather have the dvd...a lot cheaper...
  16. So no one else is going to bonnaroo? dang...
  17. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    just got my ticket ordered on Saturday. :)
  18. discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    sadly, after going to the first 4 i can't make it this year but stop by the puzzle box vendor in centeroo. they sell the boxes i make. stop by and pick one up and support yer fellow bass players.
  19. discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    mike gordon has stopped by our booth two out of the last four years. last year he bought some wooden guitar picks we make. one of the guys working with us is a huge phishhead and just quietly freaked out. it's so surreal when you are standing there and out of the darkness emerges mike gordon. i thanked him for making the movie "rising low." told him how great it made me feel to be a bass player. he was cruising on a golf cart with a hottie so when he left my wife and i stalked him for fun. got to say hi to phil lesh last year too.
    bit of advice...bring big rubber boots. if it rains the mud is terrible but with the boots you can cruise while everyone else gets stuck and nasty.
  20. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    good tip on the boots. this is my first year at Bonnaroo so i have already started a list of stuff to bring.