Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BOO YAH!.. 700+ square inches of pedal area...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tecx, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Oh yah!.. 700+ square inches of pedal area...

I just got my 2 new CNB pedalboards, and now I have 54"x13" of pedal space!!! DROOOL... I will post pics when they are all wired up, I may need to get a WWWIIIIDDDDEEEE lense for the old camera...

Alex

ps. BOOOO YAHHHH!

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  3. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Thanks guys... here is what the line up is going to look like:

Ernie Ball VP jr. -> KROK (with LAL Green Monster Septic Fuzz -> MXR Blue Box RI in the feedback loop) -> SAS Tone Soap -> DOD 250 Overdrive/Preamp -> SIB Nick Nitro -> Guyatone Bottom Wah Rocker -> Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard -> Line 6 DL4 -> Frostwave Blue ringer v2 -> EHX Holy Grail -> SIB Mr. Echo -> Xotic Robotalk -> EHX Small Stone (russky) -> HAO Rustride ->

Alex

4. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    You sick man! Does it come with a roadie to carry it for you?

What's up with your SaS Tone Soaps these days?

~S~

5. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    hahaha, wait till you see the pics... And the pedals are comming... just very freaking slowly... :(

Alex

6. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    I though my pedalboard was big. Pics please. How much did all of that set you back anyway.

7. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    well over 3 large...

Alex

8. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:bassist:

9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Alex,
    never mind the wide angle lens, won't you need planning permission to deploy it for gigs??????

10. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Yah, and mabey I will need to have permits too... I never thought of that... :D

11. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland
    Sounds like it'll be a monstrous setup! :bassist:

What's a KROK?

12. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Its a feedback loop...

Alex

13. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland
    Ah. And you've got a Septic Fuzz and Blue Box in there? And you've not triggered any earthquakes yet...?

I put all the pedals I own (except the ones that are out on loan) on the floor the other night and took a (webcam quality) photo of them. I'll post it when I get round to it - I was shocked at how many I've acquired since 1 AE ("Anno DominEbay": lit. in the Year of our GAS Lord").

14. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    My last pedal board was 4'x3'. When it was all loaded up it weighed about 85 pounds. I will never do that again; from now on I will be using more, smaller pedal boards and hooking them up together.

Get some pics up, punk! You know it doesn't exist without pics!

15. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    Hey Dude, its nice to see that you finally got your dream board. I'm still filling up this Pedalhead. But I might need another because of all those retro big fx.

16. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Thanks guys.... When they are all wired up there will be pics, but you may need widscreen moniters... :p

Alex

17. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Hurry it up!!1!!!1 :spit:

18. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    Just curious as to which pedal board you (and you Mr. Strange..) will be using to house your pedals.

I'm only just over 1/3rd of the way to completing my effects setup (but gigging with that 1/3rd), and I'd rather not have to haul round a huge mostly empty flight case, nor do I want to buy an inadequately small one only to have to upgrade in a few months..

19. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I know EXACTLY what you mean... Unfortionatly, I decided to go boardless for the last year... It sucked... My boards are CNB aluminum boards that you can get from rondo music for 39.99!!!! I have 2 27x13 boards, thast the way to go... Buy 2 smaller ones man, just use 1 right now then start to use the other when you get your other pedals...

Ask anyone on here know knows me, I used to have over 30 pedals in my signal chain. Then I got really sick of having too many pedals (and so-so ones at that). So I sold them ALL (with the exception of a selected few), and bought half as many pedals - but i bought all top of the line stuff this time round - should keep me happy...

:D

Alex

ps. www.rondomusic.com