1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. Because Photobucket has chosen to in effect "take down" everyone's photos (unless you pay them), we have extended post edit time in the Luthier's Corner to UNLIMITED.  If you used photobucket and happen to still have your images of builds, you can go back and fix as many of your posts as far back as you wish.

Note that TalkBass will host unlimited attachments for you, all the time, for free ;)  Just hit that "Upload a File" button.  You are also free to use our Media Gallery if you want a place to create albums, organize photos, etc :)

Book on wood finishing at LMII: anyone glanced through this one?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Basschair, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Hi folks,

Haven't posted in a bit...haven't worked on the current projects in a bit either, but that's another story. At any rate, hope all have had good holidays!

At any rate, with the influx of Christmas cash, I'm considering placing a tool order, and was also thinking about getting a solid book on wood finishes. LMII carries one called The New Woodfinishing Book by Michael Dresdner. The Amazon link is here . My question is this: has anyone seen or used this book? Is it worth the money, or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks for your input!

paul

2. Wood Ascention

Wood Ascention

Nov 7, 2004
    If you want a really thorough book, pick up Tauntons complete Illustrated Guide To Finishing. It covers just about anything you'll ever want to know.