1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Book recommendations for vacation?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rollyolly, Jun 27, 2012.

1. rollyolly

rollyolly Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2011
    I'll be on a relaxing vacation for about a week that will include a lot of time lounging on the beach and by the pool, but no bass playing. Can anyone recommend some books? Maybe something inspirational or a biography or something? Thanks!

2. Slash's book is pretty interesting. Pretty incredible he survived the drugs he did. I also enjoyed Steven Tyler's biography "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?" but he bounces around quite a bit and can be a tad hard to follow. You can tell he lets his mind wander.

I think one of my faves of all time was David Lee Roth's book, "Crazy From The Heat". It's an older book, but he talks like he's telling you stories directly to you. It's a fun read about the early Van Halen days.