1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

booking a tour in america

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by punkbassistfc, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Hey guys, my band is looking at touring the states early to mid next year. We where looking at doing a a bit of the east coast, then going back later in the year and doing bits of the west coast. Does anybody have any tips on how to go about booking a tour like this? Is it the best to just find other bands to play with etc?

If you have any contacts of local promoters or booking agencies i will be forever greatful.

Thank you:hyper:

2. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    On the East Coast definitely try and hit the 9:30 club and also give me a ticket :)

3. southshoreconor

southshoreconor

Oct 30, 2007
    The Road
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Musical Instruments, SIT strings
    coming from Australia, i would definitely try emailing record labels, bands and their booking agents because right now is the time they are working on summer packages. they could help you rent a van/split a van/shuttle bus with one of their bands and make sure you get taken care of (gas, food per diems etc) even print you a batch of shirts and stuff so you don't have to deal with customs.